Natural felted wool allows you to soften clothes in one of the most natural ways possible. This set includes six handmade balls that will take the place of liquid fabric softeners and dryer sheets. Avoid harmful chemicals and toxic substances, but get the same results. When you place these wool dryer balls in with a load of laundry, they will tumble around to soften fabrics, reduce wrinkles, eliminate static and shorten drying times. With the addition of some essential oil, you can even add fragrance without relying on irritating perfumes. Use three or four when drying a small load, or use all six for medium and large loads. For anything bigger, using more than six will produce the best results. They are totally reusable, and they actually increase in ability over time. As pilling starts to occur, the little nubs will help massage clothing to remove loose lint, and make it softer. Due to the separation that occurs as they mix with your clothes, air will flow more efficiently, so everything will dry in less time. Stop wasting money on risky products, and switch to an alternative that performs as well, but leaves you with nothing to worry about.
Want less than six balls?
If you only wash small loads of laundry, or you are replacing worn or missing balls, you can get our 3-pack
instead. Want to make your laundry smell good too?
Our dryer ball and essential oil combo
is a great way to get started with this natural fabric softening system because you get a 3-pack of balls and a 1/2 oz. bottle of pure essential oil for one low price.
Why They're Good
- Top Quality. Similar products are smaller, machine made, or constructed with inferior wool. These premium quality balls outperform others, and last for a long time.
- Extra Large. Others claim to be big, and many put XL or XXL or XXXL right in the name. At nearly 10 inches in circumference, these ones actually are extra large, so you will actually reap the benefits that others can only claim. Larger balls result in more separation, so you get less static and clothing dries faster when compared to other options.
- Solid. Try to save a few bucks elsewhere, and you may end up with inferior balls that have a core made from something besides wool, or ones made from wool yarn that's been wrapped up. Our high quality version is solid felted wool, so they will work better and last longer in comparison. You never have to worry about questionable material at the center, and you never have to worry about them unraveling to fall apart prematurely.
- Reusable. Unlike traditional products, these don't need to be repurchased or refilled to continue working. Use over and over again for one price.
- Renewable. Plastic versions are made from petroleum, but these are made from natural wool. This makes them eco-friendly.
- Effective. Incredibly efficient, they work as well, or better than chemical soaked alternatives.
- Reduce Drying Times. Air inside your machine will flow better due to the separation of fabrics that occurs. As a result, it will take 20%-40% less time to complete the load.
- Soften Fabrics. As they move, the material massages clothing to reduce stiffness.
- Eliminate Static. The improved air flow combines with the wool material to avoid and reduce static build up.
- Prevent Wrinkles. The gentle agitation smooths out wrinkles to make clothes wearable right out of the dryer.
- Save Energy. Because you will leave it on for less time, you will use less electricity. This is good for the environment, but it also saves you money.
- Silent. Plastic ones can make noise for a while, or a dull thud for the whole load. These ones are incredibly quiet from start to finish.
Plastic or Wool?
Both versions of this product work very well, and both are pretty similar. There will be some clear differences, but which is best comes down to personal preference. These ones will be quieter than the blue ones for the full length of the load, and they are also made from a more eco-friendly and renewable material. When looking at cost, the plastic ones clearly have the advantage, and with those little spikes, they are more efficient, so you can use as few as two. Those little nubs also have the ability to massage better and remove more lint and wrinkles. Overall, dried clothes will look and feel pretty similar when using one or the other. If you are looking for the most natural and chemical-free option, wool is the way to go. If you are just in it to save money and reduce effort, go for the blue plastic ones.
Why Use Them.
If you've ever read the ingredients that off-the-shelf softeners are made out of, then you already know the answer. The harsh substances are hazardous to anyone's health, but they can be especially irritating to those with sensitive skin or allergies. On top of the carcinogens and toxic chemicals, traditional products are also pretty expensive, and they need to be replaced periodically. When you use this set instead, you only pay once, so the overall cost is much less, and you never have to worry about running out. Add to that the completely natural action, and their ability to do the same job in less time, and the choice is easy. Why throw away money or jeopardize your health when you could just as easily decide on this reusable alternative? They are completely hypoallergenic, and they can even be used by people with wool allergies because they don't shed so the fibers will never come into contact with their skin.
How They Work
Kind of like tennis balls, but without all of the green fuzz. When you toss them in with your clothes, and turn the dryer on, they will tumble with your laundry for the full drying cycle. As this takes place, the balls will separate each piece of clothing and allow air to flow in between. As they tumble, they will massage fabrics to make them softer, and this same action will smooth wrinkles, and reduce static cling. Because the air will circulate better, everything will dry in less time to save time and money, but also preserve the material by avoiding unnecessary exposure to extreme heat. If you like the smell that traditional products provide, add a small amount of essential oil to one or more balls to give your clothes that freshly washed scent.
How To Use Them
- To use them, simply toss all six into your dryer and then leave them there.
- With each load, pile clothes on top, and then run your machine like normal.
- Drying will take less time, so reduce by 20% to start, and then adjust as needed.
- If static becomes a problem over time, place inside a sock and wash once in your washing machine.
- To add fragrance, add a few drops of essential oils to one or two balls. Scent may last for more than one load, so only re-add as needed.
- When pilling occurs, do not remove. This actually makes them work better and is expected.