Do you want to cut your own french fries or give other vegetables a fancy, wavy or waffle look? Then you need the Adjustable Wave Waffle Slicer. This deluxe model slicer is adjustable for three different thickness settings for the wavy slice, and can also be used to do a single thickness waffle slice. It also features a wide cutting platform with a super sharp stainless steel blade. For a slightly smaller and more affordable slicer with no thickness adjustment, check out the Original Wave Waffle Slicer.
This great kitchen gadget from Borner makes it easier than ever to give your vegetables a waffle or wavy ridge cut. You can even make your own crinkle cut french fries by following the simple instructions included with this slicer. Get professional looking results every time with this great tool. Super sharp blades and superior construction make this cutter extremely efficient and easy-to-use. It works great for potatoes, cucumbers, carrots, radishes, zucchini and many more fruits and vegetables. Just slide them across the surface for a quick and precise cut. Slice in a single direction for wavy pieces, or cut and then turn slightly, and cut again to do waffles. You will get perfect, uniform results every time. Use this great tool to add interest to your favorite dishes or make healthy cottage style fries right at home. With three thickness settings you are sure to get the cut you desire. For your safety, you should always use this tool with the safety food holder, which is sold separately or as a set in our combo offered above. High quality materials and superior manufacturing ensure this waffling gadget will last for years of reliable use.
Use the Borner Adjustable Wave Waffle Slicer to add that certain edge to your favorite dishes. It creates attractive waffle or wave-cut vegetables for salads, garnish, or frying. It is ideal for slicing potatoes, carrots, zucchini, beats, etc. The slicer features two control options so you can select your desired thickness and weather you want a wave cut or a waffle cut. The unique notch system allows for quick, easy and accurate selection of your desired cut, so you can quickly set it up, and always be sure it is set correctly. Take out the insert for the thickest wavy slices. Place the insert in the slicer and set to number one or two for thinner slices. In order to get a waffle cut, use the insert and place it at the notch with the waffle picture indicated. The surgical grade stainless steel cutting blades are extremely sharp for high performance slicing of any type of food no matter how hard or soft. With the Borner Adjustable Wave Waffle Slicer the possibilities are endless. It also features finger grips and non-skid feet to make using it even easier. Dishwasher safe.
How To Use It
- This is the most basic option available, and it will result in round slices that have ridges on the top and the bottom. You will have your choice of three thickness options when producing wavy slices from your favorite fruit or vegetable, and the procedure is super simple. Follow the steps below to improve the look of carrots, cucumbers, potatoes and more.
- Select one of the three thickness settings by squeezing the tab at the top, and then sliding the center insert into your desired position by pulling it away from the blade.
- For the thinnest slice, choose number 1, for a medium thickness, select number 2, and for the thickest setting, remove the insert altogether.
- Once your thickness is selected, put your vegetable in the safety food holder by poking it with the metal prongs.
- To cut, glide the holder in one direction across the entire length of the slicer. You will notice perfectly shaped wavy pieces dropping below.
- The food holder keeps your fingers safe, and allows you to slice up to the last piece of food. Simply use the plunger at the top to reveal more food as you work until every last bit has been sliced.
- A safety setting makes storage easy. When finished, slide insert flush with blade, or until the arrow on the frame lines up with the SAFE marking on the insert.
WAFFLE - Waffle slicing is a little bit more tricky than wavy, but it's still quite easy to achieve perfect results. When set to make waffle slices, each slice will have ridges on the top and bottom, but also holes all the way through. A slight technique is required to get the desired end result, but after your first attempt, you'll be waffle slicing like a pro. Follow the steps below to make your own restaurant style french fries, or add a unique touch to veggies you cook with.
- To begin, squeeze the adjustment grip, and set the slicer to number 2.
- Place your food in the holder by pressing the metal prongs into it.
- You will want to start at a clockwise 45 degree angle for the first cut.
- Slide the holder the full length of the slicer to complete the first cut.
- Next, rotate the holder 90 degrees in the opposite direction, so that you are holding it at a 45 degree angle in the counter clockwise position. Make your next slice like this.
- You will see your first waffle slice drop below the tool.
- Continue like this, rotating back and forth between slices to keep cutting waffle after waffle. Once you master it, you will only need seconds to cut up a pile of perfect looking waffle fries that are all the same thickness, so they will cook evenly and taste great.
CRINKLE CUT - Quickly create thick sticks that are wavy on all sides, just like the crinkle cut fries you buy from the store. This cut also requires a bit of technique, but it's not difficult once you have some practice. Essentially, you will be doing a wavy cut twice, and the end result will be crinkle cut fries. Use with potatoes and other vegetables, and impress friends and family when you tell them they're homemade. Follow the steps below for perfect results.
- To begin, set the slicer to the number 2, or remove the thickness insert for the fattest fries.
- Once the thickness has been selected, secure your potato into the food holder.
- Glide back and forth to make wavy slices from the whole spud.
- Once finished, gather all the slices and stack them.
- Turn the stack on its side, and then place into the food holder again.
- Glide back and forth again to slice once more, and the end result will be sticks with perfect sizing.
Borner of Germany manufactures the finest quality vegetable slicers on the market today and are leading edge in design and technology. Their unique products help add creativity to any gourmet meal. In 1956 Borner manufactured an onion cutter made of a piece of wood with four blades. Today the Borner products have evolved into a must have line of slicers from the V-Slicer Plus to the Combi-Chef and Veg' Art Prep Tool. Borner products help add creativity to any gourmet meal. All Borner products are made in Germany.