Prevent clogged drains in your shower with this disposable cover. The wide, circular strainer fits over any standard shower drain in order to collect debris and stop it from washing down. Hair, soap chunks and other stuff that would clog your pipes will be stopped in their tracks, so you can dispose of them. It's made from corn starch, but it's surprisingly rigid and long lasting. Once it gets yucky, it can be thrown in the garbage without worry because it's totally biodegradable and safe for the environment. Unlike metal or plastic versions, this one will completely disappear once you toss it, so it's a much better choice if your looking for something disposable. Other strainers require periodic cleaning, but with this one, it's your choice. Rinse it out after each shower, dump the long hairs once they are collected, or just get rid of it because it's too gross to touch. Although it's just a simple circle, the material glues in place when water begins to flow. Everything going down will have to wash over it prior to reaching the drain, so clog worthy particles will be denied entry. It will last for at least two months with everyday use, but with such a low price, you can grab a fresh one whenever you feel like it. Each package contains 8 Strainees.
Why They're Good
- Hair Blocker. Human hair and pet fur can be very problematic. Other solutions are often less effective, and many require more maintenance. This simple product prevents it from washing into your pipes, and makes it easy for you to throw it away.
- Earth Proper. Very eco-friendly, this it one product that you don't have to feel guilty about throwing into the garbage. It will completely biodegrade in less than five months time, or far less in optimal conditions.
- Gunk Stopper. Sticky and oily grime will cling to pipes if allowed to wash down. With this in place, all of the nasty gunk will pile up for easy elimination.
- Longer Laster. Although it's disposable, they last for a surprising amount of time. Officially rated for two months of use, but most folks find they last even longer.
Disposable In A Good Way
Discover a more hygienic way to prevent clogged drains in your bathroom. No more touching gross hair, or other soapy wet messes. This disposable strainer can be easily removed, and tapped clean after each shower, or tossed whenever necessary. Most people are familiar with using disposable products due to benefits like convenience, cost, hygiene and more. Traditional products are made from metal or plastic, and they tend to be used for years and years. This means that you are accumulating years and years of caked on debris, bacteria and germs due to continued contact with used soap, dirt, hair and other particles. The Shower Strainee is a much healthier way to go because you are able to discard it any time it looks yucky, or has been sufficiently used. Most people are forced to clean hair and other collections by hand, and on a daily basis. This is a pretty gross job, and it's completely eliminated when you start using this instead of the one you have now. An effective, hygienic and low maintenance way to prevent clogged drains, it works great, is easy-to-use, and will allow you to touch less disgusting stuff. Toss after one use or whenever you feel the need.
Why Use One
These disposable shower strainers are an effective way to catch particles and debris that would normally be washed down your drain. Never deal with a clogged tub again, but don't scrub tiny particles out of stainless steel mesh, or pick up wet soapy hair with your bare hands either. Shower Strainees are hot water safe and very easy to care for. Since they're constructed entirely from corn starch, they will decompose in five months or less once you toss them out. If snails eat them after disposal, it takes just a month for biodegrading. You can imagine how long it would take to degrade a stainless steel or plastic strainer. Traditional versions will be around long after we stop using them, and this low cost alternative is a hygienic and environmentally friendly method of clog prevention that disappears after you are finished with it.
How To Use It
Place it over your existing drain, or use it all by itself. It will be compatible with nearly any shower because it basically just lays on top.
- To use one, simply place it over your drain so that it completely covers the opening.
- It will remain movable until wet. Once the water starts flowing, it will stay in place.
- Once full, carefully remove and tap out into a trash can.
- Rinse clean if desired, and for several months without replacement.
- Once it becomes too dirty, or begins to break down, replace with a new one.
- Safely dispose anywhere because they are totally biodegradable and safe around animals.