Similar to the widely popular original Star Peeler, this vegetable peeler features an identical design, so it offers the same ergonomics and comfort level. The main difference is in the blade. This one has a stainless steel blade, so it won't be quite as sharp, but it will be far more convenient for those that prefer not to hand wash or take special effort to dry the blade. The original Star Peeler will definitely offer better performance overall due to it's hardened steel blade, but that metal can rust over time, if not treated properly. This fruit and veggie peeler gives up a bit in the sharpness category in order to be 100% dishwasher safe for effortless clean-up after the work is done. This means that you can throw it in the machine just like your forks and spoons, and not have to worry about it later. The stainless steel blade and body will remain rust-free for years of operation, allowing you to easily skin fruits, peel vegetables, and create decorations and garnishes.
This Swiss-made stainless steel vegetable peeler features a standard straight blade, and is an indispensable tool to have in your kitchen. On the side there is also an integrated cutter for removing potato eyes and imperfections, and it can even be used to easily carve decorative grooves into fruits and vegetables, or cut thin strips for use in salads. The shape of this tool allows for easy use by those with arthritis or strength problems because you are able to keep a wide, comfortable grip. This same design also allows it to be used by both left and right handed people with the same professional style results. Sturdy materials and Swiss-Made construction will ensure a long life for this tool, and the stainless steel blade will deliver the peeling power and convenience necessary to make this the peeler of choice in your kitchen.
How To Use It
This tool only needs slight pressure to produce great results.
- To use it, simply press down gently against the fruit or vegetable and then run the peeler along it in either direction. You can peel away from yourself or towards, and it will work just as well.
- Right away you will notice how comfortable it is to hold, how effortlessly it removes the skin, and how quickly you will complete the task.
- If you do apply more pressure, you can do more than just peel because increased pressure will generate thicker slices.
- To use the cutter on the side, simply hold it sideways and use the loop to cut in and remove any part of the food you wish. Press against a carrot lightly with this part, and then run down to peel off julienne style strips that can be used to garnish or add to salads.
- Once finished, hand wash or place in the dishwasher.
Hard, soft, slick, fuzzy, this tool will work on them all. Use it for carrots, apples, potatoes, cucumbers and so much more. With such a great design, this high quality peeling tool will offer an easy to use solution that is convenient enough for any home chef.
If you're looking for the ultimate in sharpness for your peeling, then the Original Star Vegetable Peeler
will be more your style. The blade requires a bit of periodic maintenance, but it will be sharper, and stay sharp longer. For a more economic choice, check out the original version called the REX Peeler
. It has the hardened steel blade, but the handle is made from aluminum instead of steel. If you like the stainless steel blade, and also want some other types of peeling tools, check out the Star Trilogy Set
. It includes three different tools. You will get the one featured on this page along with a Julienne Peeler
, and a Serrated Peeler
. Order Yours Today!