Prep like a pro, and end up with professional results. More than just a tape dispenser, this tool allows anyone to apply masking tape with incredible precision and speed. You'll be able to finish the job in half the time, and you'll guarantee that every painted surface is free of accidental drips, bleeding colors, and other blemishes. The smart design ensures that every strip of tape goes on straight and lays flat against the surface, and added grooves help to eliminate bubbles and press the tape firmly against the material you're protecting. Automatic alignment places the tape flush with the edge, and with a simple technique, it will remain there as you quickly drive the roll around window frames, doors, baseboards and more. It's compatible with any brand or color of tape used for paint preparation, and it adapts to widths from 3/4" to 2" in thickness. Cutting edges allow you to quickly sever the roll when any section is finished, and the universal design gives the ability to dispense in either direction. Easily cut your prep time in half, and improve the results at the same time.
Why This Product Is Good
Don't let the plastic construction fool you. This tool is built to last. It's made in the USA and the commercial grade plastic is tough enough to handle regular use without fear of failure or breakage.
No more lining up individual strips, or trying to keep straight while applying masking tape by hand. Just roll along the surface as quickly as you want, and the tape will go on accurately, and lay down firmly against the surface.
There is a slight technique involved, but anyone can master it after just one use. Once you try it, you'll see how easy it is for anyone to apply tape perfectly to any surface prior to painting.
Place your tape anywhere on a window frame, and then quickly drive the Smart Masker around the outside to protect it with perfect precision. As you move, the strip will automatically position itself against the wall, and then the tool will press it down smoothly against the outside edge of the window casing. Keep rolling right around corners, and in a matter of seconds, you'll have all four sides covered.
Apply tape to walls, molding, window casings, door frames, baseboards and more. You can easily do straight lines, rounded edges, and inside or outside corners with incredible accuracy, and it works with a wide range of tape thicknesses, so you can use whichever you prefer.
When taping by hand, you end up using way more strips. These overlapping pieces of tape may lead to bleeding paint initially, and when you clean up after the job is done, it will take forever to collect everything. This tool lays down one continuous strip, so removing it from the wall is also quicker and easier in comparison.
Two serrated edges allow you to simply tilt the tool to sever your tape.
Left or Right-Handed
Apply tape from left to right, or from right to left. The ambidextrous design ensures that anyone can use it comfortably, but it also helps in applications where it's easier to lay down tape in one direction instead of the other.
How To Use It
Avoid frustration over tape that doesn't line up right, and cut your prep time in half by using this tool. Anyone can roll on tape accurately, and when you use it, you'll avoid annoying imperfections that allow paint to go where you don't want it. Follow the simple steps below to learn how to use it, and easily master tough stuff like taping around corners.
- To load your tape, simply place it on a flat surface, and then press the red hub into the center until it touches the surface with firm contact.
- Check to ensure the edge of the roll is flush with the edge of the hub, then thread tape past the serrated edge and over the guide wheel.
- To begin, hold the masker in one hand, and the leader end of tape in the other.
- Press the tape onto the surface that you are protecting, and then position the masker flat against the surface you are painting.
- Begin moving along the surface, and allow the device to rock back so that the grooved surface presses the tape in place as you move.
- Keep the guide wheel in constant contact with the surface to ensure proper application.
- When finished, tilt the masker back toward yourself and use the serrated edge to cut the tape.
- To mask around square corners, simply begin on one flat side, and continue to the end.
- As you reach the corner, keep moving, and rotate around to keep masking the adjacent side.
- Easily tape all the way around windows and doors with a single piece of tape.
- To tape the inside of square corners, begin on one side, then roll all the way to the edge.
- At the corner, stop and position the tape into the corner perfectly before continuing.
- Quickly pinch and hold with your fingers, or slip a putty knife in to gently press and hold the tape at the corner.
- Continue taping until you get to the next corner. For best results, hold the tape in place as you rotate around the corner, or quickly check afterward to ensure the masking tape is pressed firmly into the corner.
Improve the look of your home improvement projects, and save time in the process. This commercial grade gadget should be in the toolbox of any homeowner, handy man, or contractor because it reduces cost, eliminates mess, ends frustration, and allows you to begin painting sooner. It doesn't take any skill to master, and it actually compensates for those with no skill at all. Anyone can apply perfectly straight pieces of tape in a matter of seconds using this tool.