This is a direct replacement for head that comes with our PVA Mop. It measures 11" in length, and it's a fully compatible replacement for the mop we sell, or any other brand that takes the same size. Made from a top quality PVA material, it's extremely absorbent, and able to soak up tons of liquid. It will outperform, and outlast similar looking items sold elsewhere, and it's guaranteed to make mopping easier and less frustrating. Special ridges built into the material allow it to sweep and mop floors at the same time, so a single pass will remove loose debris, and clean the surface at the same time. This durable head can be used over and over, but eventually they all need to be replaced. The length of time between replacements will depend upon frequency and type of use, along with maintenance and storage practices. For many people a single one will be a lifetime supply, but for others replacement heads will be needed periodically. Because it dries rock hard, it wont stink or allow mildew growth like traditional sponge mops do.
Don't throw away your mop when it starts to get old, just purchase a new head to breathe life back into it. With an affordable price tag, and a sponge material that beats the competition, this product will improve performance of other brands, and it can make any mop work like new again. It's perfect for all types of flooring and other hard surfaces, so use it on hardwood, tile, vinyl, and even windows.
How To Install It:
This PVA sponge head is compatible with many brands of mops, but it's specifically designed for use with the one we sell. It's easy to change out the old sponge on your mop, and they do wear out, so it will need to be done periodically. Actual frequency of replacement will depend how you use it, and how often. When you receive a new replacement sponge, it will arrive already attached to the metal strip for a quick and simple install. This metal strip is what will actually attach and/or detach from your mop.
- To take your old one off, locate the four screws that hold it in place.
- Looking down from the top, there will be 4 phillips head screws with two on either side of the handle. These are what secures the head onto the mop. The screws can be accessed from the top, in between the rollers
- Loosen all four by twisting to the left, and then continue to completely remove them.
- Once the screws have been removed, just slide the old head out, and slip the new one in.
- Replace the screws and then tighten them in place by twisting to the right.
Directions For Use
- Soak the sponge in water for 2-3 minutes, or until completely soft prior to using it. You never want to use this type of sponge mop head when it is dry. When dry, the head is very solid, and hard which is good to prevent mold and mildew growth, but will ruin your mop if you try to wring with a dry head.
- Once wet, you can proceed to mop as usual. Any kind of cleaners can be used with this pad, and it will not effect performance or life span.
- Fill a bucket or sink with hot water, and mix in your favorite floor cleaner. Dip the head and then wring out to desired dampness.
- Use a back and forth motion to clean, and apply slight downward pressure as you move. For best results, work in sections, and move from one side of the room to the other.
- One the head is saturated, or thoroughly coted with grime, wring out and dip into fresh cleaner to continue.
- When finished, allow head to dry completely, and then hang to store for later use.
PLEASE NOTE: Never use the wringer lever when the sponge is dry, and never try to mop when the lever is in the up position. If is not being used the sponge will completely dry to protect itself. To prolong the life of the head always soak thoroughly prior to mopping.