Make healthy, oil-free potato chips right at home using this clever little gadget. All that it takes is a single fresh potato and less than ten minutes of your time to cook up to 24 crispy and delicious chips. There's no frying or additional fat containing ingredients necessary, so the chips created are much better for you than ones bought at the store. The end result is similar to a kettle style potato chip in look, texture and taste, and despite being made in the microwave, they come out incredibly crispy and crunchy just like a good chip should. Add your favorite seasoning to complete the job and enjoy your great tasting, homemade chips. Our Microwave Chip Maker fits in virtually any microwave, and will produce enough for one to two people with each use. Use it with regular potatoes, or try it with apples, sweet potatoes and other produce for different kinds of crisps. Perfect for any kitchen without one, this little gadget is simple to use, and it's one of the best ways to make low fat, homemade snacks.
How To Use It:
- A built in slicing blade makes it easy to cut your potato slices to the perfect thickness. Simply get a fresh potato, wash it, and then peel the skin if desired.
- After that, cut it in half, so you can begin slicing from the middle. This will ensure you are using all of the larger parts of the potato first, for bigger chips in the end, and easier slicing overall.
- Use the included food pusher to keep your fingers safe, and guide the potato back and forth across the blade to cut your slices. Each one will fall conveniently into the bowl below for collection. Thanks to the integrated cutting blade, each slice will be the same, perfect thickness, so you will get professional looking results and no problems while cooking due to mismatch thicknesses.
- Once the slicing is done, place each piece into a slot in the included rack. You should be able to fit up to 24 slices, one in each slot, all the way around.
- After you get them in the rack, place THE RACK ONLY in the microwave, and cook on high for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cooking time will vary depending upon the power of your microwave, so adjust accordingly.
- Once cooked, allow them to cool, and then add your favorite seasoning to taste. That's all there is to it! In less than ten minutes you can have healthy and delicious chips for a snack or side dish.
- Hand wash or place in dishwasher for cleaning.
- Individual parts nest within the bowl for neat storage.
Its as easy as slice ‘em, place ‘em, microwave ‘em. Stop eating unhealthy, oil soaked chips that only add to your waistline. With this tool, you can have healthy chips that taste great, any time you want them. There is no oil or frying necessary, and it is quick and easy to use. You won't believe how crispy, crunchy and downright tasty the end result is. Save money and ingest something healthier by making your own potato chips right at home. Experiment with different flavor combinations and seasonings for truly delicious and unique creations like barbecue, garlic and onion, salt and pepper, spicy jalapeno and more. Plus, you can even make healthy sweet potato chips, too. Just slice up a sweet potato or yam instead of a regular one, and then cook it the same way. Try seasoning with cinnamon and sugar after cooking, instead of things like garlic or salt.
Our Microwave Chip Maker includes a clear bowl unit with a lid and a built in slicing blade that measures 3 1/4" wide to accommodate a medium-sized potato. It also features a fingertip protector so you can safely slice ultra-thin, uniformly sized chips. The fully loaded crisper measures 5.2" W x 5.2" L x 2" H, so it can even fit in a small microwave. Crisps up to 24 chips at a time. Includes clear bowl, lid with slicer, finger protector and cooking tray. All parts nest for easy storage. Made of FDA-approved, food safe materials that are BPA-free. Top-rack dishwasher safe.