When you want to make sure nothing goes down the drain, switch out your regular sink strainer with this one. The fine mesh strainer basket will not slow down the water flow, but it will collect every spec of food to stop it from flowing down the drain. Other strainers have much larger openings, so small particles will pass through to build up in your pipes. With this sink strainer, the holes are so small you'll never have to worry about stuff passing through it. Use it everyday to provide maximum protection for your drain, or put it in place only when you need it. It's the perfect thing to use when you're cleaning up after craft projects, washing dishes after baking, rinsing rags after wiping up a child's mess, or when cleaning aquarium rocks, hardware, or other stuff that would be a problem if it went down the drain.
This Mesh Kitchen Sink Strainer made from 100% stainless steel, so it's incredibly durable, and it comes complete with a matching lid for extra convenience. The thick outer rim creates the perfect ramp for water to flow over, but it also adds enough weight to prevent the strainer from floating up, or moving around in your drain. Secure the lid on top to completely stop the flow, and you'll prevent water and debris from entering the drain. With the lid off instead, the strainer can handle any volume of water without any trouble. The stylish look matches well with almost any sink type, and thanks to the commercial grade construction, you can ensure years of regular use. Stop letting stuff flow down the drain only to plug your pipes later on. Use this Mesh Sink Strainer to keep the water flowing at maximum speed, and collect every piece of food to prevent problems down the road.
- Stainless Steel Construction.
- Lid Included.
- Long-Lasting Performance.
- Fine Mesh Strainer Basket.
- Compatible With All Standard Size Kitchen Sink Drains
Why This Product is Good
Use it in any kitchen with confidence. This high quality metal sink strainer is designed to fit in any standard kitchen sink drain. The outer rim helps it to adapt to slightly different size drain holes, and still work effectively.
You'll need to remove any strainer you have in place first, but installing this one is as easy as popping it into place. You only need to align it properly, and then place it over your drain to install it. Once in place it'll go to work immediately.
Fine Stainless Mesh.
Other strainers utilize large holes or vertical slots to allow water to flow through while stopping and collecting the debris at the same time. This one utilizes a fine mesh to do the same job. When you strain with mesh instead of holes or slots, you're guaranteed to collect more food and debris. When you collect it before it flows into your drain, you'll be preventing clogs and future calls to professional plumbers.
Sturdy enough to be used in commercial settings, this drain strainer is incredibly durable, despite the affordable price tag. Use it daily, but never worry about it breaking or failing. You'll get years of regular use out of this product before you ever consider replacement.
The stainless steel naturally resists staining and dirt build-up, and it will remain looking good for a long period. When the strainer basket does get dirty, you can clean it easily, just by placing it in your dishwasher.
You won't use it every time, but when you do it'll be incredibly valuable. The included lid is the perfect size, so it fits tightly over the basket to completely block the drain. Use it whenever you want to fill the sink or stop the flow of water and debris completely.
Easy Flow Design.
Although it'll collect all food particles flowing in the water, it won't reduce the speed of the water unless it gets full. The mesh material is mostly open, so water flows through easily, but thanks to the microscopic metal dividers, it will also stop and hold onto any debris contained within the water.
How To Use It.
Designed for use in your kitchen, this strainer basket should install easily in any standard kitchen sink drain. You won't need to do anything special to install it, or make it work, but follow the tips and instructions below to ensure ideal operation, and a proper fit.
- Prior to use, inspect the drain to make sure it is clean, and of a compatible size. It works on any standard-size kitchen sink drain. If your drain already has a strainer or stopper in place, you'll need to remove it to use this one instead.
- To install, simply place in the center of your drain. The stainless steel outer edge will overlap onto the sink surface to provide a good fit, and create a ramp for water to flow over and into the drain.
- Once in place, operate the sink like normal, and it will collect every spec of food and debris before it flows down the drain.
- Use the lid to completely block the drain. It will stop the water and any debris from entering.
- Once the basket is full, simply lift it out, take it to your garbage can, and tap out the contents.
- For periodic maintenance, and to keep it looking its best, hand wash or place in the dishwasher for occasional cleaning.
- Fully compatible for use in any standard size kitchen sink drain.