A durable plastic piece creates a curving base that supports a variety of interchangeable, stainless steel inserts. It provides the perfect ergonomic handle to comfortably hold the tool, but it also doubles as a shut to direct the finished product right where you want it. Shred a large pile of flakes into a container for later, or grate the perfect amount onto each dish, based on individual tastes. The finished food will always slide right out, and land exactly where you want it. This set comes complete with two inserts and a safety food holder, so out of the box, you will be able to slice or grate any number of foods. With added inserts, sold separately, you can increase your ability, and achieve even more with this versatile tool. The hand held size makes it easy to work with, and the extreme portability means that it's equally useful in the kitchen, or at the table. Quickly shred or slice while preparing a meal, or use it in your dining room to pass around fresh ingredients, and have each person add as much as they like. Switch from one insert to the other without slowing down, because you can pop one off, and replace it with the next, all in a matter of seconds. It's made in Switzerland using top quality materials, and it's guaranteed to work well, and last for years of use. Don't struggle with inferior tools, and forget about cutting by hand. Impress friends and family, save time and improve results when you prepare or garnish foods using this combination slicer and grater. Dishwasher safe.
Why It's Good
- Versatile. The two included inserts allow you to grate and slice, and other ones can be purchased separately to allow you to do even more. Quickly change metal pieces to move from one job to the next.
- Compact. The perfect size to hold in your hand, but not so small it can't get the job done. It's makes a great alternative to larger mandoline slicers, and it's small enough to allow for passing around the dinner table. Despite the small size, it is plenty powerful for any task, large or small.
- Swiss Made. One of few Swiss designed slicers that is still made there. Better materials combine with quality craftsmanship to create a tool you would be proud to own.
- Attractive. Simple and sleek styling make this tool look great. The curved back and shiny metal face will make an elegant statement in your kitchen, and the upscale design is suitable for use at the table too.
- Super Sharp. With the same blade technology used in their highly popular line of peelers, Zena has done it again with this tool. Hard foods, soft foods, slippery foods and more can all be cut without effort thanks to the incredibly sharp edges.
- Safe. Razor sharp blades allow food to slide easily, and the included holder makes operation safe despite the dangerous edges. Grip food without endangering your fingers, and use every last bit. The included holder provides a nice grip, and a layer of protection at the same time.
- Low Maintenance. It's dishwasher safe, and there are only two parts to the tool, so cleaning it is easy. Just separate the parts and pop it in the dishwasher or hand wash and allow to dry.
Garnish desserts, top pastas, or grate ingredients while baking. This fine grater attachment is perfect for stuff like chocolate, ginger, garlic, cheese, citrus peels and more. Quickly create a super fine shred from any hard food, and finish without trouble. The grating surface covers the whole insert, and the entire thing is made from a high quality stainless steel. Effortlessly move back and forth with any type of food to reduce it down with speed and accuracy. The sharp edges make it easy for you to cut anything, and the rounded underside allows you to direct the finished product right where you need it. Grate a large amount, and collect it in a bowl for later, or pass the DIVA around to have each person add the perfect amount right to their food.
This thin slicing insert is a solid piece of stainless steel with a pivoting serrated blade at the center. It will cut in both directions as you slide food across the surface, and the resulting slices will travel down the shut, directly onto food, or into a bowl. It's perfect for quickly slicing veggies while preparing meals, but you can also use it at the table to pass around something like cheeses to use as a topping. Slight pressure will result in a super thin slice, and increased pressure will make it thicker. Melt fresh cheese over some pasta, or add cucumbers, onions or carrots as a topping for salads. The sharp blade makes cutting an effortless task, and the hand held deign means you can use it in the kitchen or at the table.
How To Use It
With the included inserts, this four piece slicing and grating set offers the ultimate in gourmet food prep ability. Add other inserts to supercharge your tool, or stick with this basic set to have the perfect all around gadget for a wide range of cooking and garnishing. Use it to put finishing touches on homemade desserts, or serve up fresh toppings for use on soups, salads, pastas and more. It's incredibly easy to use, so anyone can achieve professional looking results without any practice or skill. Follow the steps below for ideal operation, and care after you finish.
- Before use, make sure you have an insert installed properly.
- To take the existing insert out, align the tool in your hand so the slanted side is facing you. Lift straight up an the side of the insert closest to you and pull it off.
- To install an new insert, use a rolling motion. Insert one side first, and the rotate down until the other side clicks into place.
- Once a blade is installed, grab food using the included holder.
- Hold the food in your dominant hand, and support the slicer with your other hand.
- Press against the stainless steel face, and slide back and forth.
- Food will fall out the front, so direct into a bowl, or onto a dish.
- Continue slicing until you have the desired amount.
- Once finished. Separate parts and hand wash, or place in the dishwasher.