Reusable storage lids made from high quality, food grade silicone. Use instead of plastic wrap to cover almost any dish, bowl or plate with a more secure cover. Each set includes six different sizes, and with the combination, you will be able to cover things ranging from 2.75" - 10". It doesn't matter if they are round, square, oblong or rectangle because the versatile design allows these lids to stretch to any shape and still provide an airtight seal. The sturdy material is completely washable and reusable, and it is so strong that it actually provides a stack-able surface once in place. Convenient tabs along the outside edge provide handles for easy placement, and the material remains non-slip on metal, glass, plastic and other surfaces, so once in place they won't slide or fall off. Save the second half of a soda for later on, or seal an open pet food can to use the next day. Cover watermelon and cantaloupe for a simple and effective way to store the other half, or save leftovers from dinner without making the fridge stink. These are faster, stronger, cheaper and more effective than flimsy plastic film, and they are also perfect for replacing lost lids, or ones that cause annoyance. Dishwasher, oven, freezer and microwave safe.
Why They're Good
- Superior Quality. Be careful with look-alike products. Ours have been thoroughly tested, and they are made from a stronger material that won't tear or slip off. Despite the thick construction, they stretch better, and provide a more sturdy lid.
- Super Stretchy. Packed with elasticity, these things can expand to fit many shapes and sizes of containers, and then contract to create a strong hold.
- Easily Adaptable. Round in shape, but effective on various containers with different geometry. Place on square or rectangle dishes just as easily as round or oval ones. With several sizes in each set, you are sure to have one for anything you need to cover.
- Totally Reusable. Unlike plastic wrap, baggies and other disposable storage items, these can be used over and over again. They will retain they're shape and ability for many years, and they are easily washed when dirty.
- Temperature Resistant. Safe for hot or cold conditions, you can use these in a freezer, a refrigerator, a microwave, a conventional oven and more.
- Dishwasher Safe. Easily hand washed due to the silicone construction, but also safe for cleaning in a dishwasher for added convenience.
- Extra Clingy. The material itself is pretty darn sticky, but added ridges on the interior provide extra grip on smoother materials like glass.
How To Use Them
With no special techniques involved, and a user friendly design, these things just work. It's pretty hard to get it wrong, but follow the steps below for optimal performance.
- Before you use one, make sure it is clean and dry.
- Select the right size for the dish or container you are covering for best results. You should use one that is slightly smaller than the item so you get a tight fit. If using one too small, it may try to pop off, so adjust as needed.
- Grab with two hands using the rounded tabs on the outside.
- Stretch outward until the lid is larger than the container, and then put in place, one side at a time.
- Continue pulling and secure the other side to finish covering the object. Adjust downward if necessary.
- Once in place, it will provide a solid and sturdy lid that will not slip off.
- To take one off, pull outward with the longer tab to release the bond. Once released, lift up to remove.
- Totally dishwasher safe when dirty, just place on the top rack.
Where To Use Them
Ideal for almost any condition, and adaptable to many shapes and sizes. There is a long list of uses for these, but take a look below for some ideas to get you started.
- Leftover Food. Store food right in the pan, pot or dish you cooked it in. No need for extra things to wash, just cover and keep for later.
- Unfinished Beverages. Whether in a cup, mug or can, you can easily save any drink for later, and because it will stay air tight, it will be more fresh when you go to finish it.
- Fresh Fruit. Cantaloupe and watermelon can be difficult to save. With these, it is easy. Simply stretch over the unused half, and the inside will stay fresh.
- Dishes On The Go. When bringing a dish to pass, or carrying something fresh to a party, cover and protect inside any container.
- Food In the Fridge. Because they create stack-able containers they are ideal for saving space in your refrigerator.
- Splatter Guard. Because they are microwave safe, you can keep the lid on when reheating pasta and other food prone to splattering, and the inside of your oven will stay clean.
Don't waste money on plastic film that you can only use once, and stop sifting through your cupboards to find the perfect lid. These stretchy alternatives will each work on a range of containers, and they never wear out. For this reason they are way more economical and eco-friendly in comparison. Other versions don't stay on as well, and have trouble fitting. These are made from top quality silicone that is totally safe, and incredibly reliable. Get a set to make it easy to store leftovers, and then continue using them to discover all of the other stuff they can do.