This Y-Shaped Peeler from Kuhn Rikon quickly removes skin from fuzzy or smooth-skinned fruits and vegetables. It will not slide around or skim over the top like your regular, straight blade version does, so it will reduce frustration as it helps you to prepare better looking food in a shorter amount of time. The super sharp blade has added teeth that dig down to gently grip and lift up skin to make peeling easy, and slipping nonexistent. A slight pivot will occur as you move along the surface to conform to rounded shapes, and remove large pieces with each pass. The design is usable by right or left-handed people, and the ergonomic handle is has a slightly squishy coating to make it comfortable to hold for long periods of time. Completely dishwasher safe when it is in need of cleaning, and an integrated hook gives you options for storage.
What To Use It On:
Any fruit or vegetable that usually gives you trouble will be peeled easily using this tool. Regular ones glide over fuzz, and slip on smooth, shiny skins, but the toothy grin on this one gently pierces the outer layer to peel it away with ease. Use it for the following foods or anything similar:
- Bell Peppers
- Also works for regular stuff like potatoes and apples too.
How To Use It:
Using this tool is pretty simple and straight forward. The long ergonomic handle has a comfort grip coating to reduce strain and increase usability. The Y-Shaped, harp styling is easy to use, but also makes it good for left or right handed people. If your regular, straight blade peeler isn't cutting it, then try this one to quickly remove skin on more complicated foods.
- Hold your peeler with your dominant hand, and cradle your food in the other one.
- Position blade on food and apply downward pressure. Slight pressing will cause the teeth to break the skin so you don't slip while peeling.
- To peel use a pulling motion and work from top to bottom or front to back. When peeling horizontally, make sure to pull away from your body for safety.
- Continue peeling and rotating your fruit or veggie until the desired amount of skin has been eliminated.
- The blade will pivot as you move to conform to rounded surfaces and allow you to remove the maximum amount with each pass.
- Peels will fall down, so work over sink, bowl or trash for collection and easy clean up.
- After you finish, place in dishwasher or hand wash to clean.
Prefer one with a slightly different handle?
Kuhn Rikon also makes this tool in a swivel style peeler. For a different blade orientation, and a design that some people like better, check out the Swivel Style Piranha Peeler
. Like your tools made from metal?
We also carry the Star Serrated Peeler
, and it has a steel blade and handle.