100 times more energy efficient that traditional dryers, this large capacity, portable version will pull water out of clothing in three minutes or less. It doesn't blow hot air at your laundry, or use a bunch of electricity. Instead, the drum spins at 1800 RPM's to pull moisture out via centripetal force. This gentle action is incredibly efficient, but way less harmful to your clothing. Intense heat can damage fabrics, but drying in this manner keeps things looking new longer. It comes equipped with a pop-up handle to make moving it around easy, and it's light enough for any one to handle without strain. Perfect for people that can't have a traditional unit, but also ideal for anyone else that wants to reduce energy consumption and cost, by using it in conjunction with a regular dryer. It works well to avoid the laundromat for those living in dorm rooms or apartments, and is the perfect solution for drying clothes when traveling in an RV or camping. It plugs in to a regular outlet, and comes complete with everything you need.
Don't need one quite so big? The Spin Dryer Junior
handles almost nine pounds of wet laundry, but it's a bit shorter overall. It also has a stainless steel inner drum for durability, and it spins faster, but this makes it heavier in comparison. For a lightweight model that's quite a bit smaller, check out the Mini Countertop Spinner
. It's slightly slower at 1600 RPM, and only has a 2.2 pound capacity, but it's super lightweight for convenience and portability. If you like the size of the Nina, but want something that spins faster and has a metal interior, check out the Portable Spin Dryer
. It weighs almost ten pounds more than the Nina, so if weight is an issue, please be aware of the difference. To get clothes totally dry after they are done spinning, try the Solaris
. It's a wall mounted unit that will blow hot air efficiently to take your barely damp clothes, and make them bone dry in a short amount of time.
Why It's Good
- Fast. Make soaking wet clothes barely damp in as little as two minutes.
- Efficient. Use for a single item, or dry up to 22 pounds of wet laundry.
- Eco-Firendly. Less electricity usage makes this a great alternative to larger machines. Use alone and hang or rack to finish, or use to drastically reduce the amount of time heat-based units take.
- Portable. Lightweight and compact, this spin dryer model even has a handle at the top that pops up or down for easy transport.
- Self Opening. Just press the latch to unlock, and the lid will slowly open all by itself.
- Gentle. Heat destroys fabrics and bakes in soap and minerals. This machine does not use hot air, so it is much more gentle on your clothes.
- High Quality. Superior materials and great attention to detail ensure a device that functions well, and lasts a long time.
How It Works
This machine doesn't heat clothing to get it dry. Instead, it spins at high speeds in order to force water out of the fabric, and into the drain. The super fast rotation and resulting centripetal force pulls water out of your laundry, and directs it toward the outside of the drum. Moisture doesn't turn to steam as it evaporates under high heat, it's sucked out of the material, and then directed toward the exit. On the interior, there's a drum that spins freely, and an outer one that remains stationary. The inner drum is lined with holes that allow moisture to escape. Once you turn it on, it will spin at 1800 RPM in order to get clothes mostly dry in just a few minutes. You can then hang up to finish, put in a regular dryer for way less time, or lay flat on a rack. The compact sizing and quick operation make it perfect for apartments, dorm rooms, RV's and more.
How To Use It
Full Operation Instructions
- With the unit unplugged, pull the cover latch, and then open the lid.
- Load clothes evenly and press down lightly with your hands. Always try to put the heaviest clothes at the bottom to reduce vibration.
- Total amount of laundry should never exceed the height of the inner drum. If too full, items can escape to get stuck between the two drums.
- Apply the round safety cover over the top of your laundry. It must be placed inside the inner drum.
- Make sure the machine is on a level surface.
- Close the lid, and press down until you hear it click.Connect the power cord to a standard outlet. The dryer will start automatically.
- If it doesn't spin, or if it is moving slowly, stop the machine to balance the load.
- When water stops coming out of the drain spout, turn the machine off.
- To open, pull the latch and the lid will automatically open. Wait for basket to come to a complete stop, then empty your clothes.
Drying Time Estimates
Order Yours Today!
- Heavy Clothing: 4-5 minutes.
- Normal Clothing: 3-4 minutes.
- Delicate Clothing: 2-3 minutes.