Shredding cabbage for salads or squash for a vegetable pasta is incredibly quick and simple with this insert installed. It's designed for use with our Stainless Steel V-Slicer, and once installed, it offers a thinner julienne blade that what comes standard. It's almost like a shred, but the thin, uniform sticks are actually julienne strips, cut to perfection. Two rows of razor sharp blades are precisely aligned, and the dangerously sharp edges stick up vertically to slice into your food. Hard or soft, the surgical grade steel will glide right through to slice vertically, and as you pass the v-shaped edge, it will cut horizontally to finish the job. Use it with any hard fruit or vegetable to slice a pile of strips in a matter of seconds. You always want to use a food holder for safety, but a simple back and forth motion is the only technique required. Our powerful slicer offers incredible functionality right out of the box, but when you add this additional piece, you will get a third size of julienne blades that's significantly thinner than what comes standard. It will install in no time at all, and it's totally dishwasher safe whenever it gets dirty.
What To Use It With
- Any other food that is similar.
How To Use It
This piece installs just like any other blade insert, but it has and added security feature to help lock it in place. The dual rows of blades are incredibly sharp, and they stick straight up, so extreme caution should be taken. Once in place, it will work with the v-shaped blade to cut food in both directions with a single movement. The result will be long, thin strips of any type of food. You will only have a single thickness option, and it will be equal to the space between each blade to provide a uniform stick as you slice. Ridiculously sharp edges with added micro-serration allow you to cut without effort, and ensure that you never have to worry about sticking or resistance from tough foods.
- To install it, fold back the top handle and remove the insert that's currently installed.
- Slide this insert into place, and then fold the handle back up until it locks the insert into place. A button on the back side will cause two side tabs to recess. You may have to press this as you slide it in. It will be required to remove it.
- Once in place, you can begin slicing. Always use a food holder to avoid contact with the blades.
- A simple up and down, or back and forth motion is all that's required to slice. Cut on the downward motion, and then re-position back up at the top. You can not slice in both directions.
- As you move down, the blades on this insert will cut up into your food to score vertically, and then as you move over the v blade, it will remove individual pieces by cutting horizontally.
- Remove by opening the handle, and sliding it back out.
- Top rack dishwasher safe when dirty.