This compact dehumidifier offers one of the best ways to decrease humidity in small spaces, and it can eliminate your dependence on larger machines that are loud, annoying, and often unnecessary. It's powerful enough to protect an area of 11000 cubic feet, so it's ideal for bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens and more. You'll barely be able to tell it's running thanks to whisper quiet technology, but it's able to suck 8 oz of water from the air, each day you have it running. As you decrease moisture, you won't have to worry about stuff getting damaged, and the musty, moldy odors will begin to disappear. Use it to eliminate moisture after steamy showers, or use it in a pantry to keep food fresh longer. It's perfect for a bedside table, and you can even use it in your RV while traveling. Just plug it in, and flip the switch to begin drying the air in any room you place it in. The 16 oz tank is easily removable, and it even has a little light that turns on to let you know when it's full. A long-lasting, high quality motor does all of the work, and it even has an automatic shut off feature to prevent damage once the tank is full. Although it plugs into a standard outlet to run on electricity, this machine consumes very little power to get the job done. Stop dealing with a moist environment, but don't settle for a noisy appliance that's way too big either.
Why It's Good
- Silent. On or off, you won't notice it's there. Larger machines use a compressor to dry the air, and that's what is responsible for the constant noise. This one features no compressor, and the long-lasting motor operates at high speed without making hardly any noise.
- Eco-Friendly. Although it is highly effective, it only draws a small amount of electricity. Not only will you save money, you will also reduce your impact on the environment without compromising comfort in your home.
- Compact. The perfect size to place almost anywhere, you'll be able to find a spot for it, anywhere you need it. Use on the floor, out of the way, or easily station on tables, shelves or any other flat surface.
- Auto Off. Don't worry about a thing. Once it's full, the motor will automatically turn off, and an indicator light will illuminate to let you know it's full.
- Removable Tank. The large, 16 oz reservoir slides in and out to make emptying water a snap. Just pull it out, dump the water, and then slide it back in to keep on drying.
- Efficient. Use in any room up to 1100 cubic feet and this machine will eliminate up to 8 oz of moisture per day.
Looking for something a little smaller? Want one that doesn't require electricity to work? Then you should take a look at the E-500 Mini
. It can only handle half the are that this one can, but it also works without any batteries or electricity necessary. For compact locations, it's tough to beat.
How To Use It
- To begin using the edv-1100 dehumidifier, remove from the box and packaging.
- Find the DC power jack, and plug it into the AC/DC adapter, then plug it into any standard outlet.
- Flip the on/of switch to turn it on. To ensure operation, test for airflow from the dry air outlet.
- An auto shut off feature will turn it off once full, but to manually power it down, just flip the switch again.
- Once the 16 oz reservoir is full, the yellow LED will illuminate.
- To empty the tank, first switch the power to the off position, then slide the tray out.
- After dumping the water, replace the tank, and then flip the switch on to continue dehumidifying.
- Occasional cleaning may be necessary. To do this, make sure the power is off, then use a soft cloth to wipe down the surface, and a brush to dust the grill.
A moist climate doesn't need to be a permanent problem that you have to get used to, and you don't need some gigantic machine to solve a little problem. You wouldn't want to use this product to dry out a full basement, but for smaller areas like single rooms, it works quite well. Because it's so quiet you'll forget it's even there, but with the amount of moisture it removes, the difference in air quality will definitely be noticeable. Save money when compared to other options, and save space too. It won't cause a big increase in your energy bill, but it will decrease the relative humidity in any room of your home.