Quite possibly the ultimate kitchen tool, you will wonder how you ever got along with out it. The V Slicer Plus is made in Germany with superior plastics, and surgical grade steel, so you know it's a durable and high quality device. Thanks to better materials and improved manufacturing, it will outperform others for ability and longevity. The six piece set featured here comes complete with the original Borner V-Slicer with ergonomic handle, two locking blade inserts (7mm for julienne and chopping & 3.5mm for julienne and dicing), an insert for thick and thin slicing, a safety food holder, and a space saving storage container. It can slice, dice, chop, julienne or shred any kind of fruit or vegetable. With this easy to use tool, you are guaranteed professional results every time. Just set it up for the type of cut you want, and then slide your food back and forth along the guide plate. Your fruits and vegetables will be uniformly sliced and chopped with speed and precision each and every time. The unique blade configuration reduces the effort required to cut, and the top quality steel ensures a razor sharp edge that stays that way, even with repeated use. It's dishwasher safe when dirty, and storage is safe and simple thanks to the included box that holds everything together.
Why It's Good
- Top Quality. Because it's German made and constructed with better materials, it will be easier to use and longer lasting when compared to others.
- V-Shaped Blade. Incredibly sharp, but also positioned at the perfect angles. It reduces sticking and improves accuracy while making hard foods easier to slice. Quickly cut with little effort.
- Storage Container. Hang it on the wall, mount it inside a cabinet door or place it upright on the kitchen counter. Made of durable plastic, this storage device keeps everything together and out of the way. It holds all of the attachments, and keeps the blades covered for increased safety. When stored, everything compacts to 15" long, and 6" wide.
- Versatile. This one tool can take care of several jobs with speed and precision. Slice, dice, chop, shred, julienne and more. With a variety of attachments, switching tasks is simple.
- Safe. Although it couldn't get much sharper, it's safe to use thanks to the included food holder, and safe to store thanks to the container that hides blades when not in use.
Want to spend less without giving up any features?
Check out our Deluxe Mandoline Slicer
. It's not made in Germany, but it does offer good quality for a low price. Love the Borner brand, but want more bang for your buck?
We have money saving combos that will save you cash while giving you extra stuff to make your slicer more useful. If this six piece set is not quite enough, check out our 7 piece set
or 9 piece set
for even more savings when buying this slicer. If you want a Borner slicer with an updated design, then take a look at the V-power
. It is a newer version of this tool, and it comes in your choice of colors.
When To Use It
- Cut thick pieces of apple for pies.
- Slice tomatoes for sandwiches and burgers.
- Cut potatoes thinly for homemade chips.
- Shred cabbage or lettuce for cole slaw and salads.
- Create Asian-style vegetable dishes.
- Make vegetable sticks for a dip tray.
- Enhance everyday meals.
- Make shoestring french fries
- Shred vegetables for a pasta alternative.
- Dice onions into perfect cubes.
- Prep layered casseroles and side dishes.
- Create chopped salads and beautiful garnishes.
Stop slicing fruits and vegetables by hand. Do it faster, easier and safer with the V-Slicer. It's an inexpensive alternative to professional stainless steel mandolin slicers, but you will get near identical results. You'll be able to prep food faster, and create elegant meals in less time. Superior construction and specially designed, razor sharp blades make this tool easy to use and ensure it will last for years to come. With it's unique design, and multiple cutting inserts, you'll get perfect slices, uniform dices and perfectly shaped julienne sticks every time. Any fruit or vegetable is cut with little effort because the blade is so darn sharp. Soft stuff won't stick, and hard veggies won't refuse to move. Anything will glide right past, and cut without effort or frustration. The included food holder allows you to use every last piece of food, while keeping your fingers safe from harm. Slice onions, tomatoes, oranges, or chop french fries, carrot sticks, and cheese sticks. It shreds cabbage, neatly dices potatoes, cuts tomatoes without bruising or squishing and so much more. You could spend a whole lot more on a slicer that works this well, but you don't have to because this affordable alternative will outperform others in the same price range, because it produces results that rival units costing over $100.
How To Use It:
One of the best kitchen slicers available, and one of the easiest ways to get perfect results without any training or skill. Easily look like a professional chef while you save yourself tons of time an effort. Although anyone can use it without practice, following the steps below will ensure optimal performance.
- To use this tool, start by sliding one of the inserts into the notches on the plastic frame. It will lock into place with a click. The one with no blades acts as an adjustment for thickness, and either one with blades will allow you to cut vertically and horizontally at the same time for shredding, julienne and dicing.
- With one of the julienne inserts installed, the metal blades will face up and out. They cut food vertically, and the v-shaped, mandolin blade slices it down to size. Select either size blade to julienne, chop and dice at your preferred thickness. You can adjust height by switching notches, and width by choosing a different blade.
- To julienne or shred, slide back and forth. To dice or cube, make a 90 degree rotation with each pass so that you are rocking back and forth.
- With neither julienne insert installed, you can cut normal slices.
- To adjust the slicing thickness, just add the insert, and flip to either side. One side will provide a standard thickness, and the other will give you thin pieces. Remove completely to get the thickest slices.
- To begin cutting, put your fruit or vegetable on the safety holder using the metal prongs, then slide the food back across the surface, and past the blade.
- Apply even pressure, and you will get perfectly uniform pieces, all the way down to the last bit. The blade is so sharp, that even hard fruits and veggies will be cut like a hot knife through butter.
- Dishwasher safe when dirty.
- To store, add slicer to storage box, and slip blade inserts into position. It can be mounted to a surface, or it can stand freely.
This would make the perfect addition to any kitchen, but for anyone that does a lot of food prep, this tool is a must have!
This is the Original V-Slicer from Borner. We also carry the V-Power Mandoline which is the newer, upgraded model.