Grab, flip, mix, strain and more. These versatile tongs switch from grabber to flipper in a flash, and thanks to the wire ends, they can also whip or strain too. These features combine to create the perfect tool for cooking, prepping and even serving. Pick up hard boiled eggs or cooked spaghetti, and the water stays inside the pot, or flip fried food and oil will drain down to keep things crisp. The stainless steel tines change shape to conform to rounded foods or large loads, so you guarantee a secure grip on virtually any food. Each metal piece is also slightly wavy to further improve the grip, and ensure that uneven stuff like pickles or olives can be picked up easily. Delicately slide under any food, and then clamp down to grab and turn at the same time, or use the wide grip to grab larger items and lift or turn. The integrated locking switch allows you to secure both parts together for storage, or for use as a whisk, or a rigid spatula. The advanced design and spring loaded action reduces effort, improves results, and ensures that food doesn't slip or slide. Dishwasher safe.
Why They're Good
- Multi Tasking. Tongs, spatula, whisk and slotted spoon in one. Simplify many cooking, prepping and servings tasks with this versatile tool.
- Gentle. Easily turn delicate foods, or lift them without crushing the exterior. This tool provides a secure grip on all sorts of stuff, but it does not apply extreme pressure to do so. Gently cradle food in order to prevent damage and still get the job done.
- Low Maintenance. Totally dishwasher safe, cleaning is easy when these get dirty.
- Locking. Ideal for storage, a thumb switch allows you to secure both sides together, and prevent it from opening. For this tool, this feature also adds functionality.
- Open Ended. The stainless steel ends are made from a wire that makes it look like a whisk. This design causes them to expand and conform to what you are holding, but it also allows for drainage of liquids.
When To Use Them
Use them anytime you need to stir, whip, grab or flip. They will replace existing spatulas and whisks, and give you a more versatile tool to use for preparation, cooking and serving. The list below includes some of the many uses for this tool. Use for anything listed, or anything else similar.
- Turning and lifting fried foods.
- Grabbing hot baked potatoes from the oven or microwave.
- Lifting hard boiled eggs from a pot of water.
- Serving cooked pasta.
- Serving a fresh, green salad.
- Whipping eggs for an omelette.
- Flipping BBQ chicken on the grill.
- Retrieving hot rolls from the oven.
- Flipping quesadillas and other large foods without damage.
- Turning hamburgers, steaks or pork chops.
- Grab hot dogs from a pan with hot water.
- Mix sauces or stir dressings.
- Get pickles or olives without touching the juice, or dropping it due to slipping.
- Turn or remove corn on the cob.
How To Use Them
Most people know how to use the individual tools that this item replaces, but there are some special steps and techniques that will help you get the most out of this one. Read the instructions below to grip and flip like a pro.
- Operate the locking mechanism with your thumb. A large black switch at the top of the handle slides back and forth to hold both sides together, or allow them to open and close. Press forward to lock, and pull backward to release.
- To use as a flipper, lock both sides together for increased strength, or keep them apart for increased control. You can slide the whole thing under your food, or use one side to gently grip as you lift it up.
- To use as a grabber, unlock the ends, then simply squeeze to pick up any food. The metal will conform to grip easily, and the open end will allow you to leave all liquid behind.
- To use as a whisk, lock the ends together, or leave them apart according to your preference, then whip, blend or stir like normal.
- The tongs are spring loaded to make them easier to use. When unlocked, they will open themselves, and spring back and forth for effortless operation.
- Place in dishwasher or hand wash when dirty.